If you’ve visited me here at Words Become Superfluous lately, you know I’m on a bit of an inspiration kick these days. I’m looking to refresh, recharge… and get out of the dreaded to work-to home-to couch rut.
And I’m looking to share my efforts with you! I figure that having you here to post for will keep me accountable (and off my butt). Besides that, you know I just love your company.
I’ve been asking people what recharges them, and “travel” has been one of the most popular answers. So, inspired by your collective wisdom and a friend who is on her own dream trip right now, I’ve decided to start mapping out a trip of my own. Here’s the plan:
- I’d like to take the trip by the fall of 2013.
- I’d like to go with at least one other person, but no more than a car-full. Make that a comfortable car-full, so…four people all together?
- The destination has to be somewhere I’ve never been before.
- It also has to be somewhere I can get to in 8 hours or less. (Unfortunately, Corporate World doesn’t give me that many vacation days, so I don’t want to spend too many on “getting there”).
- I have to stay within a $1,200 – $1,600 budget.
I’ll start planning it all here over the summer, (and will be counting on tips and tricks from you well-travelled readers), but first, the fun part: where to?
My ideas are below, but if you have suggestions, please do leave them in the comments!
Bermuda: All those Porter Airline commercials are starting to get to me – it would be nice to go somewhere tropical that I can get to in a couple of hours!
Calgary (in July): I’ve never been to the Stampede before, and feel like it’s something every Canadian girl needs to experience at least once!
Las Vegas: Another place I’ve never been to that I think everyone should see at least once.
Maine: Maybe I’ve just watched too many episodes of Gilmore Girls in my life, but the idea of Maine/Boston in the fall is very appealing…
San Francisco: Technically, I’ve been here before, but it was only a layover on another trip, so I don’t think it counts.
What do you think? Where should my travels take me? You can pick as many answers as you want…I certainly haven’t been able to narrow it down yet!